SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
d21156

so many issues

d21156
12 years ago

Wow after reading some of the posts, I realize stepfamilies really have a LOT of issues. Where to start....

First, I am much older than DH. I have grown children and grand children the age of his children. Believe it or not, its not the children that create the problems.

Secondly, DH makes decent money but almost half of DH hubby's paycheck goes to XW. I make very good wages, having been in my career for over 25 years. The problem comes in when DH wants to buy and spend on his children, which there is nothing wrong with that, if you can still carry your half of the household, which he cannot. I cant make him understand that whatever he spends, I have to make up. He literally has just a bit over 200 a week after cs and insurance. I always buy clothes, shoes, christmas, birthday gifts, whatever! I have tried to talk to him and all he hears is money! He refuses to see the bigger picture. I am tired of being broke. I am tired of carrying the responsibility for children that I did not bring into this world. We went on vacation in July, spent over $1000.00 which I am just getting out of- now last week he spent 95 to pay for SS football fees, this week they all 3 had to have shoes for school, and they are going to KIngs Island next month. Im so tired, so sick of living like this. I didnt raise my kids like this. They were taught to live within our means. Im just ready to walk away, because I feel like I am being used simply for the money and lifestyle...btw..

Any suggestions how to get through to him without throwing away the last 7 years....b/c I cant take it anymore.

weary wife in Ohio

Comments (5)