SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary1956_gw

DH & ex have been divorced over 40 yrs, ex entering back into his

Mary1956
10 years ago

Hi,

I'm have a little bit of a situation. My husband and his ex have been divorced for over 40 years. They were married 7 years and have 2 children together. My husband and I have been married 31 years with no children. Lately my younger step son who lives close to his mom has been inviting her to my husbands family gathering when we have not been able to attend. It even caused a problem last Christmas as husbands family wanted to invite her for Christmas even though we would be there and I had to contact them to let them know it was not a good idea as it would make my husband and I feel uncomfortable. I'm really not sure how to handle this. I feel that after 40 years she should have her own life and it really hurts that my stepson is bringing her back into the family. I feel it disrespects me and his Dad. Even if we are not going to be there I don't see the necessity of inviting her. She does nothing but bad mouth my husband for things that occurred when they were married. Part of which are untruths. I know his family has an attachment to her as she is the mother of his 2 children. And because we have none together I kinda of feel like I'm not important. When we visit our son his mom texts and calls him constantly the whole time we are there. I understand from his wife that she doesn't do this when we are not there. I just would truly like her out of my life and out of my business. Anyone have some words of wisdom?

Comments (11)