SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sminnj

Thought everything was better........

sminnj
14 years ago

As I've come to find out.....just when you think everything is going to be better and life's looking up......BM screws up again.

She quit her job of 3 years....because she "couldn't stand her boss anymore". Mind you she is a single parent with 2 children. Now she has no health insurance for herself, no income, and no money management skills. She has been out of work since July 13 and living off of just child support which totals to $950 month. Her lot rent is $450. So how does she pay car insurance, phone, cable, utilities, gas, food, school supplies, clothes for the kids, dog food for 2 dogs, and cigarettes? Her cell phone has already been shut off twice. Which is a huge annoyance to us because we can never find out where she is when we need to pick SD up for visitation. The soles of SD's shoes are falling off and she needs new school shoes. We already bought her $170 worth of new school clothes. BM was supposed to buy the shoes but now she is saying she doesn't have the money. But she can still buy cigarettes at $7 a pack??

The only reason her phone got turned back on is because her grandmother gave her the money. The dog apparently peed on her mattress so she took SD's mattress and threw hers out. So now the kid has to sleep on the couch every night? Are you kidding me?

So my DH seems to think she can't just quit her job and use strictly child support as all income. Can you really buy cigaretts and take trips to museums with your friends on child support money? Its for the kids. And there's simply not enough for her to support them on that income.

Any one else ever have a similar issue?

Comments (3)