SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mami08

Major problem with stepdaughter

mami08
14 years ago

I have an 11 year old SD as well as a 6 year old SS. My husband and I have been married for 5 years and have a 1 year old son. The problems started about 1 year before my son was born. She is a manipulative liar, she is extremely mean to her younger brother (my SS, she hasn't gotten the courage to be mean to my son yet), she consistenly airs out my husband and my dirty laundry to her mother and grandmother, 95% of which are lies. My husband is working with me 100% on this but we are at our wits end. She has had DCFS called on us twice (both cases unfounded, my lawyer told me one more call and I have grounds for harrassment against her mom who coaches her to lie) and she continues to lie to her mother about things that do not go on in our home. I am fearful that she will harm my son out of jealousy, I am also fearful that her accusations will escalate into more vicious lies. She has stated that she wants everyone else out of the picture so that it is just her and her dad. My husband only sees his kids once a week and of course doesn't want to spend the whole time yelling at his daughter, but her lies and manipulation are out of control, we are walking on glass, what am I supposed to do????

Comments (8)