Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where oh where has the bm gone?

Posted by evilstepmom-lol (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 23, 10 at 19:01

Ok... I must admit that I am thankful after reading these pages that I do not have a lot of interference from the kids bm...

That said...

This woman flits in and out of the kids lives at whim. Does the occassional stint in jail. Disappears for years at a time. Has not seen the kids in over a decade. And when she does finally deign to call the kids all she can do is criticize how I do the job that she gave up on. I have been married to their dad for over 4 years. In all of that time not a peep from her. She claimed she did not know how to find them. Funny thing, her grandmother and sister know our address & phone numbers. I communicate with them on a regular basis through email, facebook & myspace.

Oh... believe me, I don't take her criticism seriously. What I do take seriously is how she has let them down again. I am indignant on their behalf.

Dear step-daughter, henceforth known to all the world as my daughter, has spent time in therapy as well as the mental hospital. Serious attachment issues. Depression. Anxiety and stress. She is finally learning to trust.

Dear step-son, henceforth known to all the world as my son, just celebrated his graduation from high school and his 18th birthday. Not a card or call. Just installed the dear child as a freshman in college. Gosh, I am so proud of that boy!

Thanks for listening.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where oh where has the bm gone?

Your kids were sent an angel :) I think you are truly a lovely person for taking care of your kids hearts.

I too had a SM who took over 3 kids... loved on us as though we were her own. My mother claims to have tried to see us thru the years...we all know better.
Hey, if that's what she had to do to live with herself...

But we kids know really who our mother was...I miss her something fierce.

Your kids know too :)

o
RE: Where oh where has the bm gone?

I too deal with a bm like that so I feel your pain! It enfuriates me to see this woman walk in and out of the kids lives and let them down constantly. She is never in jail, but she comes in and out of my 3 stepkids lives and she acts like she thinks she is a good mom. She once told the kids she left state suddenly and did not call for a whole year because she was not around a phone! LOL Then she went as far as to pretend her boyfriend was in the military.....too bad they never moved anywhere near a base!

It sounds like you have done a good job helping your dh raise those kids. This site is a great place to vent and let your frustrations out so you don't have to do it to people you know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here