SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lewislady_gw

Opinions please on my step family situation.

lewislady
9 years ago

A little background, I re-married almost five years ago, lost my late husband after 24 years of marriage ten years ago.
I am to all intents and purposes happy with my husband but not the situation I find myself in or the fact he is very much an enabler. I know I probably could be accused of knowing what I was letting myself in for, but I always assumed his two daughters somewhere along the line would meet a partner and move out.
One is now almost 31 and probably only done what amounts to eighteen months work in her entire life!! My husband refuses to tackle her over it or the fact she does not lift a finger to help out.
The other is nearly 26 does have a job but neither of them have a friend between them or a relationship. They are therefore here 24/7, I am now tired of feeling like the maid and desperate to have space and the house to ourselves. My husband would never entertain asking them about future plans and even if I said I was leaving it would make no difference. ( We have been down that route) I feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel and despute not wanting to give up on my marriage I find myself looking at rental websites, but probably couldn't afford something decent.
I am interested to know others perspectives but think I am seriously flogging a dead horse!

Comments (13)