SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jess3_gw

FDH's X's Financial Problems

jess3
14 years ago

In 6 days my FDH will be my DH. I am excited but of course there are issues. One is that he pays his X $3000/mo for mtg payment & car payment. That is just enough to pay both. We still get the statement because they are still in his name and in the divorce decree it says that he can't make her take his name off. Couldn't anyway without refinancing them.

Problem: We recieved both statements today and she is 2 payments behind on the house and 3 on the car. He quits paying for the car in October. We are wondering how she will pay for the car without him giving her the money if she cant pay it when he does give her the money. He is calling his atty about all this and what rights he has since she continuously pays them late. She spent all the alimony last month on a trip to Branson for hid DD's dance competition (he paid his 76% of hotel and comp fees).

This makes me so angry that she refuses to pay these things and if he does not pay them she will lose her house & car, mess up his credit. And in the end the kids are going to blame dad because thier lifstyle changed and they donthave the best house or car. She has to keep up with all her friends and have the best of everything but someone else is supposed to pay for. we only hear from her or the kids when they want something. He can call them for days but unless they need something they wont answer or call back.

As his new wife I am not sure how to handle this. I dont want him to bail her out everytime. She has to change her lifstyle maybe even get a job where she can make more money if there is one still available. She works at the church and they do not pay her enough to support her lifstyle. I have told him my opinion but as a father he does not want his kids to have to do without anything.

Sorry this is so long. If there is anyone that has had a similar situation I would like to know how you handled it. I dont want him to file contempt of court, are there any other options?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA