SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Not sure how to respond to this...

lovehadley
14 years ago

I have to admit, as usual, I am ticked at my hubby!

SS came back today after 5 days w/BM.

DH picked him up at noon, dropped him off with me at 1 pm, and went back to work for a bit.

In the car on the way to get DD from camp, SS tells me "my mom and dad are friends again. You are the only one that's angry." He wasn't mad or anything when he said it, just matter of fact. I didn't know what to say. I finally just said something along the lines of "well, I am not angry at anyone, but I just want things to be peaceful in our home."

?????

So then he says to me "I made a wish that you and my mom would be friends again." I just said "honey, that is not going to happen. We're not enemies but we are not going to be friends."

And then he said again "well why not, my mom and my dad are friends."

UGH.

I am sure this is BS that BM is feeding him. SS will ask at times "do you and my mom hate each other?" And DH always responds with "we both love you and try to get along to make good decisons for you."

But I am sure that BM told SS some BS about how she and DH are friends again. So guess who gets to be the bad guy? ME.

Thne he blows me out of the water by asking me why I had the police call his mom when she dropped off the present for him.

AUGHHHHHHH!!!! Why does she tell him these things? (That was a rhetorical question, I know exactly why she does.)

I told him that I wasn't angry or trying to get his mom in trouble, but that there are rules the police have to make sure things stay safe at our house and I just wanted to remind his mom about the rules. SS was actually okay with that and said yeah, he knew that.

I am mostly ticked w/hubby now because he IS all back to being friendly with BM. Takes her calls whenever she calls, is friendly, etc. I am NOT saying he should be angry at her or rude or hostile, but I also get sooooo irritated when he draws these boundaries and doesn't stick to them. How many times has he told her "no phone calls, all email" etc????

And he always goes right back to being friendly. It's not really friendly, but it is certainly more than cordial---and WAY nicer than just civil. He lets her back in every time. SO--of course she thinks they are "friends" again.

Thoughts on the matter?

Comments (8)