SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Inconsiderate....

mom2emall
13 years ago

Bm asked us a while ago if she could have the kids today because she now goes to church and wanted to get her 3 youngest kids christened. So dh said yes. She told us a tim she would be here. Yesterday we called to confirm the time. She said nothing changed.

Today dh was at work and I got the kids up. The girls wanted me to curl their hair and I was in the middle of that when the phone rings. Its bm telling the kids she is 2 min from our house!!! She wasn't supposed to be here for over 30 min. Ss was in the shower. I'm standing there with middle sd's hair almost done and older sd's hair not done. Older sd plugged in the flat iron to go over her hair quickly. It was such a rushed mess. The kids would have easily been ready if she had stuck to her time.

We answer the door and tell bm everyone is almost ready and she has the nerve to say she's in a hurry. Seems her bf's boss didn't pay him yesterday and they need that money for their party after the christening today so they have to go meet him NOW.

I wanted to slam the door and tell her the kids aren't ready. But I just reminded her we thought we had 30 more minutes so they will be ready asap.

Just amazes me how bm and her bf always have some crisis that excuses them from inconveniencing everyone else (well at least in their minds).

Comments (3)