SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrshill2

Stepdaughter in law baby shower

mrshill2
9 years ago

My husband would like me to host a Skype baby shower for my step daughter in law. They live in Las Vegas and all of us live in Michigan. I had done this for my own daughter when she was pregnant with twins but living in Ireland. I had all of her friends and family over and had skyped her into the big screen tv. Everyone was able to talk to her and it was the closest thing to having her here.
Now 2 years later my step daughter in law is having a baby in October and my husband wants me to do the same.
I really don't feel the love from her and her son to put it kindly, but will do the right thing. Here is the issue though, most of the relatives have mailed a baby gift to her.
I will have to work a little overtime to afford this shower and she will most likely not appreciate all the effort put into it.
If I do put it on it would awkward at best. The last time I saw her was the day after the wedding, where she had seated the stepbrothers and sisters at the very last table because she "didn't know them", one of them having flown in from Ireland to make the wedding of her step brother.
So let me ask, should I give a shower really more for my husband than her. Or just buy gifts for the approximate amount that I would have spent, thereby saving me the time and hassle.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts