SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
end_of_my_rope

stepson from hell.....

end_of_my_rope
13 years ago

I have been with the most loving, caring, and thoughtful man for over 6 years... he has 3 children from a previous marriage, one of which still lives with us. He is the youngest of the 3 and the only boy, he is now 17 almost 18 years old. Through out the whole time I have been around we have always enrolled and encourage the children in cadets, music lessons, sports etc. I spent my days working full time making dinner, lunches, doing their laundry and running the children around to all the different activities as my husband always worked a little later than me. Then I get the BM try to tell me how to raise her kids although she would only contact them at Christmas and on their birthdays and that was it and never once offered to help pay for anything.... The SS drove the middle child (a SD now the age of 18 almost 19)out of the house about 2.5 years ago and she still to this day does not want to even come visit as long as he is around. The SS was supposed to graduate in June of this year but he chose not to apply himself. All through out his middle/high school years he was constantly in trouble with fights, tardiness, mouthing off the teachers(all of which could not wait till he was done school, we were asked several times by the school to transfer him because they had enough of his attitude), he was always getting suspended. This all did not come without any discipline, my husband would ground him, take away his priviledges, give him extra chores etc. All of which did not even phase him, he still would not listen or do his chores or homework etc. So when he found out that he was not going to graduate, he just quit going to school all together around the beginning of June. It is now the middle of August and he still has not got a job and just keeps freeloading and does not help to do a thing around the house. He is disrespectful to everyone around him. We were moving July 1st and he barely lifted a finger to help move, he basically only moved his couple of things that he owns (his bedroom) and always found excuses as to why he couldn't help. Keep in mind he is not going to school and he is not working....Several weeks ago his oldest sister came to visit and he kinda hung around and spent time with her but continued to be lazy and a slob... she finally said something to him, now he will hardly associate himself with her. She left to go spend some time with her BM for awhile, she was scheduled to come back last night and he new she was coming(she stays in his room, with her baby while she is there and he sleeps on an air bed in the living room)but he chose to go out with friends instead of being at home to visit with his sister that he only sees once a year.... So he comes home after midnight and decides he is going to start the loud electric air compresser to blow up his air bed with out any respect to the rest of the people in the apartment including a baby.... And when I got up for work this morning I woke him up and told him to get up, that if he is going to wake the whole house up after midnight then he should get up with the rest of us too....His response to me was that I should just stop b^$@*ing to him like I think I am his dad when I don't even know what the situation is, and to stop making his dad mad at him because then he has to explain what ACTUALLY happend.... I said it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that starting an air compressor after midight on a work night is disrespectful to the others around you.... Then he says it is my fault that thing are not running harmoniously in our house and for me to just stop!!!

I now I have been ranting, but this is just one of the small issues with him.... like I said he does not work and does not go to school and does not contribute anything to the apartment.... but he brings people in and out of the apartment all hours of the night, weekend or weeknights doesn't matter even though he knows that some of us work in the morning. There was one time I came out of my bedroom and there were 2 of his friends in the apartment and he wasn't even there, he had given them the keys to come in for something.... I did not even know who these people were, it was 10:30pm!! Let me tell you how startled I was, and then he tells me to quite over reacting and to relax!! Now his dad backs me up 100% and tries to reason with him but he just disrespects his dad in the same manner....There is just no getting thru to him, it is like trying to deal with a 9 year old.... my thought is that he needs to go live somewhere else, but at the same time he isn't quite 18(not for 2 more months) and I know we are responsible for him, but I don't know how much longer I can put up with him.... He just keeps getting worse and worse, and more spiteful..... even when his dad tries to discipline him he will come out and say, it is your responsibility to support me so you have to let me stay here and feed me and clothe me....

I am so at the end of my rope....

Comments (5)