SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamom_gw

6 1/2 DS excluded from bday party by SD

lamom
14 years ago

My DS 6 1/2 has been going through cancer treatments for the last year. I have posted about him before. He is off treatment now and cleared to participate in normal activities. SD35 is throwing a water themed birthday party for another young relative today and initally DS 6 1/2 was invited. He spent the night there with the other little kids for the first time in over a year. SD35 discussed how DS 6 1/2 could participate as he still has a catheter inserted in his chest.

DH just called to tell me that SD35 told him that she does not want the responsibility of watching DS 6 1/2 during the party since there will be a small water slide and water games. Basically, she uninvited him and was too chicken to call me to tell me herself. I just saw her last night at a little dinner party at our home and she didn't mention this "reservation" then.

To say that steam is coming out of my ears and nostrils is an understatement. One more time, my son's adult "sister" and "brother" are excluding him from a "family" event. On top of it, DS 6 1/2 knows about the party, and was sent prepared for it.

I am venting here rather than calling this grown woman and letting her know my feelings. DH is hoping that this doesn't erupt in to another feud between them and me which is why he is picking DS 6 1/2 up himself. I feel DH should let them have it himself but of course, he feels caught in the middle and doesn't want to make a bad situation worse by telling his adult kids what s___theads they really are.

How can they not care about this boy even a little bit? I guess I keep asking this question over and over but not let him be at a kid's bday party because you don't want to be responsible? How cold can you get?

Comments (30)