SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

need to vent about dh

mom2emall
14 years ago

Geez....don't know what my dh's problem is lately but he is so babying ss and its about to drive me nuts!

Long story short the tv and video game system in our home was unplugged this morning. SS got up and wanted to play at like 6:30. Nobody was up and it would not work so he started telling my sister (who spent the night last night) that someone needed to go fix it. She told him that when me and dh got up we would take care of it (we had to get up in like 30 min.) She told him not to wake us up. He did not listen and came barreling into our room and yelling that the tv and video game needed to be fixed!! I woke up and told him to let us get up.

When I was fully awake I understood what had happened and I told him that unless there is a real emergency he is not to come into our room yelling in the morning. And because he was told by another adult not to wake us up for something that stupid that he was now grounded for the day from video games. He began the tears and I told him to get over it and that when his dad woke up I did not want to hear him whining to him about it.

So when dh got up guess what the first thing he said to dh was?? Yup....with tears in his eyes he told daddy he was grounded from video games. I heard him and came walking into the room and told my dh what I had already said to ss and dh began yelling that my son tells me when dh grounds him. I told him that we were not discussing something my son did right now...the topic was ss. And I told him that I am tired of ss crying about everything to dh. DH yelled and said that if his son wants to tell him something that he can and that I should not be telling him not to tell daddy things.

All I said was that I told ss not to start whining to dh about being grounded and that was the first thing ss did.

Dh does not see my point. Now I am mad.

Honestly I am so sick of darn video games!! SS and bioson both wake up and want to play. They are not hungry for breakfast or anything....till I tell them video game time is done. Somedays I just declare video game free days in our house and then I get the whining about there being nothing to do....till I start telling them about cleaning they could do. Then they find something else real quick to do outside!

Comments (4)