SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coppergirl520

11 year old stepson summer from Hello=

coppergirl520
13 years ago

Please tell me that I am not the only step parent that faces these issues, and if anyone has similar stories or advice please send it my way..brief summery

hubby and I hav been married since 2003 step son was born in 1999. I have 3 children they were 6 (twins ) and 8 when hubby and I married he adopted them shortly after we were married. steo son lived in england for 4 years we saw him once or twice ayear then he moved to arizona( mother in Airforce) since he started school we were limited to summers only.he was a beautiful child we had a wonderful relationship until ...

1. 2007 step son @ 7year old began to see a change ... a back talking . direpectful only a couple of times. hedid tell me that his mother hated me becase she did not know me.wow .. right@

2. 2008 more disrespect lots of back talking , angery all the time. mean to brothers and sister. mean to me when I tried to tell hubby he did not beleive me because this child had always been an angel. note: he would not act this way around anyone but me and the kids... really two faced. so the last day of summer I video taped him yelling at me and admittig he tried to choke his brother . when I showed my husband he was speechless and so sorry fornot believing me .

3.2009 the worst year ever. hubby knew his behavior but ss was still very sly.. he tryied to run away from me, treated to kill himself, stole my phone nd told me is was gonna call 911 for child abuse( neve touched child) told me that he only had to listen to his mom his dad and his step dad not me ... that i was nothing to him we did not have the same bloodrunning through our veins.He hated me wished his dad andI never got married. he hated hisbrothers nd sister .he tol the kids that he was the real son not them and that my hubby was his real dad not theirs. ( their dad died) ss does not return our calls through out the year we do not see him for 10 months , he does not call us, return messages from facebook or myspace, or email he told us he was to busy to call us.

2010 he is alost 12 now and when he wants something he calls his dad DA DA.. the step father told my hubby that he calls him DADA too.he is almost 12 years old. He lies to his dad about me telling him that I said stuff I did not say.. hubby questions me in front of him . he said we must love the other kids more because they have toys in their rooms and he does not( because we send everything home with him , he is not here for 10 months a year)it is a constent battle this year my kids went to spend the summer with my mom in FLorida because they can not deal with him more . they are 16 and 13 now. fights ...fights.. the whole summer he plays my husband but he feels guilty i guess becuase this is the only time he gets to see him. THis child is getting worse every year and i am losing it just thinking about him coming home next summer .. help any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida