SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parent_of_one

OT-issue needs urgent help, PLEASE....meow

parent_of_one
13 years ago

Oh my, this is nothing to do with anything but this forum is the best out there...Please "cat" people help me before I kill myself or our cat (kidding of course).

We have a fussy cat, if she does not like something (it could be noise, guests, new items, items being moved to a different location, cleaning, anything) she goes and poops or pees somewhere like guests bed for example. She has a stupid habit of not digging her poop in the litter box like other cats do, she just lays her poop on top of the litter box and the whole basement stinks.

So we decided to try one of those deep dome type of litter boxes like my parents' use so it wouldn't stink. We set it up last night and threw out old box because it got gross. this morning I realized that she didn't go into new box at all, so I looked around and here it goes huge pile in the basement by a book shelf. I cleaned it up. I didn't find any urine, but it is gotta be somewhere.

Then i removed the dome cover from the box hoping she'll go there. I've been checking and so far she did not. If she does not go there for some time, I have to go get the old flat type of box we had before I guess? Or is there hope? i am terrified that she is urinating or pooping somewhere where we cannot see (it is a rather large house).

Does anyone have any experience with this, cat not going into new box? Is there any trick? Or is there is no hope? is anyone using dome type of litter boxes? I take any help. i am going crazy here. thank you fellow gardenweb people...Meouwww

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH