SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caphillsm

Email from BM

caphillsm
13 years ago

DH got the email below from BM last night. Before I absolutely lose it, I would very much appreciate any of your thoughts/comments. Please note that SS2, referred to in the note, just turned 16.

Dear XX (my DH)

I wanted to see if you have any thoughts about this before I institute it:

"Johnny" has kicked butt this summer. There's never been a morning where I had to drag him out of bed to go to school or work. He's up and 'at-em' and ready for school each day. (Well, a few times he shut off the alarm, but no big deal.) He's done a great job at school (his grade is a 96 in English 11, as a few days ago) and heads off to work immediately after, often for a long 8.5 hour shift ... all without so much as a grumble. On the contrary, he loves it.

Very impressive, and very mature.

So I thought that in appreciation for his mature actions, I'd lift one of his restrictions to show that I've seen his maturity: no more restriction on R-rated movies or M-rated games. (This restriction would have lifted at 18.) I know that "Johnny" would really be pleased to have this restriction lifted, and therefore I hope it would be a learning-moment, where he sees that he is rewarded for showing such maturity and working hard.

Comments (9)