SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liesbeth_gw

Wow what a week!

liesbeth
14 years ago

OMG I'm so excited!!!! SD13 is going to come and live with us for a week at a time, weehoo!!

It's been a big week.

Yesterday SD13 told us that the only thing keeping her at her mum's was her pets. FDH said that she can bring the pets here if she wants.

We already talked about that because we already knew that this was going to come up one day. BM buys the skids a ton of pets, it's like a bribe. And once the novelty wears off the pets are neglected and quite a few have starved to death/ died of mystery diseases/ had 'heart attaches' etc etc. But all the more reason to buy more pets right? Normally we would not have said SD13 can bring the pets because it's just not what you do, but our situation is different from a normal situation.

SD11 rang BM after dinner that night and told BM what SD13 had said and how we responded. SD13 got blasted and I found her in her room all upset and crying. That always breaks my heart a bit, the poor kid. She's such a lovely girl and she gets such a hard time from her mum.

Anyway, we've learned from this to be more careful about what we say and when we say it.

Tonight SD13 rang her mum back because she wanted to work things out, and amazingly she did. She's allowed to come to our place a couple of days early and she's allowed to bring her rabbit and her axolotl. (The dog, the cat, the birds, the rats, the fish and the hermit crabs will have to stay there - thank goodness :-).

But how about that. I still can't believe it, BM is scoring BIG points here for allowing SD to make her own decision. We are stoked.

For now we will leave child support the same, let's see how it goes first (and let's not push BM's buttons straight away) but we'll get her a school uniform and some more clothing.

How quick things can change :-)

Comments (5)