SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swstudent

SD turn around

swstudent
11 years ago

HELP!!!!! My future SD and I have always shared a close relationship. Her father (he has custody) and I have been dating for 7 years and the entire family has talked about us getting married. But suddenly when we were about to make an official engagement announcement, SD declared she was fine with us getting married as long as we waited 4-6 more years until she finishes school and moves out. She's 14 now.

Since that time, she will hardly speak to me and won't respond to my text messages. When she does speak, she is disrespectful and very short and doesn't answer unless she absolutely has to. I live in a different state than they do right now because I am finishing my degree so I don't get to see them very often. SD and I have always text back and forth until this. SD tells her father that she doesn't have a problem with me. She just doesn't want me to be her stepmother. She has even threatened to move in with her BM if we do go ahead and get married.

My boyfriend tells me to leave it alone and not to talk to her about it and she will come around. That just seems wrong to me. I am so very hurt.I know he is afraid of losing his daughter but I feel he should stand up to her.

What do I do?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville