SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redlady_99

mil and exwife problems with ss- help

redlady_99
14 years ago

I am new to this website and hope that I can get some feedback on the following. Thanks.

My boyfriend and I have been living together for 4 years. We are not married but act in most ways like we are. We see his 11 year old son every other weekend. My BF is also suppose to see his son one weekday but his exwife gave that day to his parents. When they were married for the first 3 years of the SS life they lived with the BF parents.

My SS and I have a great relationship. We hang out together all the time when he comes over. However I am being told by my BF mother and exwife (they are closer than actual mother and daughter- lucky me!) that I am overly involved in my SS life. He didnt do well in school this past year so my BF and I have him read and work on math problems everyday which takes about 1-2 hours. My BF is sometimes busy working with his tools so IÂm left to takeover the summer work. I donÂt mind doing this and neither does my SS. At least he doesnÂt until he hangs out with his mom and Grandma.

My SS spent a week with my BF parents and his much younger cousins at the beach. He will be spending the next 2 weeks with us at our house. We took a few days off but some days we couldnÂt so we bring him to my parents (my mother loves to have him over- she bakes and takes him to the beach, watches movies). My SS says that he doesnÂt want to go there this time and would like us to bring to him to his grandparents so he can play with his cousins. His father told him no but his mother told him that she doesnÂt want him to be upset and wants him to play with his cousins. (We are kind of against him playing too much with his cousins- they are ½ his age and he doesnÂt care to make friends with kids his own age. He is very immature because of this so we try and get him socialized with kids we know who are closer to his age.) He says he gets bored at my parents- no kids. I donÂt know how much of an issue I should make of this. My mother really enjoys having him and is looking forward to having him 1 or 2 days. My BF parents are no help with this issue- if they had the opportunity they would take my BF weekends away from him so they could see more of my SS. What should I do?

One more question- cell phones. My SS mother bought him one 2 years ago so she could contact him ALL the time. I have since told him that it is to remain on vibrate (very annoying and irritating when it rings) and he can check it periodically throughout the day- we keep it in the kitchen along with mine and my BF. Sometimes he goes days without checking it. The exwife accuses me of keeping it off while he is at my house. I tell him to tell his mother that I let him keep it on. I do tease him about his phone though because after he comes from her house for awhile- he cannot function unless its in his pocket. HeÂll almost freakout if we go to the store and he forgot it at home. IÂm trying to teach him not to be so dependent on the phone. Am I wrong in this?

Please provide feedback!!

Comments (5)