Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks for all the advice!

Posted by darfawnda (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 12, 10 at 19:39

Well, my fiance and I have decided to call off our engagement and part ways amicably so it looks like I won't be a SM after all. Quite honestly I'm pretty relieved to be relinquishing the step parent role.

I wanted to reach out to the forum though and thank all of you that provided honest feedback rather than sugar coating the realities of living in a blended family. Through all of the difficult thoughts and feelings I have struggled with over the past year and a half, I have felt so grateful to have found a group of people out there that has been through it too and is willing to share.

Having previously been in serious relationships where children (current or future) were not a consideration, I realized the unique and difficult challenges that come with kids - especially when they aren't yours! I'm hoping to perhaps someday find that perfect guy with no kids so I can stay away from this forum. :)

Thanks so much for all of the help everyone and best of luck in all of your families.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks for all the advice!

I wish you the very best!

o
RE: Thanks for all the advice!

I'm glad that you are wise enough to call off the engagement before the wedding! Too many people see warning flags that the relationship will not be right for them and go through with the wedding anyway - and then wish they hadn't.

I hope you find the perfect guy too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here