Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Forgot to point out on Etiquette

Posted by lamom (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 18:41

I forgot to point out that the young nephew who passed at 20 is of course, my skids 1st cousin, and his father, DH's brother, is their uncle.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Forgot to point out on Etiquette

how sad and awful for a young man's parents, of course DH had to be there to support everyone

o
RE: Forgot to point out on Etiquette

Again, LA, I am so sorry. This tears at my heartstrings. So young. Of course your DH had to be there for his brother. I cannot imagine how devastated they must feel.

There have been several young people (16-25) who have died in my extended family/friends lately. The pain is nearly unspeakable. I was not particularly close to any of these people but am haunted frequently by the "what-ifs" and the knowledge that their close loved ones have an immense hole that will never be filled. Listening to a mother comment on FB that her daughter will never get married, no grandkids, no wedding, no senior prom, no college... so many dreams gone.

How callous of your Skids not to acknowledge the pain of their father and that when someone dies unexpectedly and tragically often people do not think straight and are not capable of rationalizing their time (ie, being able to consider the feelings of an ex-spouses family).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here