SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

small break

wild_thing
14 years ago

We (dh & I) took a little mini break. We were able to go visit friends who don't live that far from us for the day and overnight. My Mom came over to stay with the kids.

We were able to do this one other time, that was Valentine's Day.

So we set the ground rules right off the bat..with sd. Because she pulled her crap the last time, and we didn't want it going on this time.

Plus before we left, she was supposed to clean her room, and spend all day reading instead, so her to do list was to finish her room, and get the dishes done (her regular chore).

Not talk her way out of it.

Well we get home fairly early the next day. Guess what...the dishes are still sitting in the sink and on the stove. Dh went down to check on her, and her room is still not even touched either.

Guess she thought it was okay to sit and watch television (a big no no here if the regular chores are not done) rather than do what she was supposed to.

My mom said that she watched television until late and she told her just to go to bed and she would do her dishes in the morning.

So she was made to clean her room....took her forever...then yesterday, she gets home from work, and decides that she is going to go play with the little kids (her sisters friends)...uh...no. You have things to do. She got pissed and went storming down to her bedroom, and threw her shoe at the closet door hard enough for us to hear it upstairs. Okay...throw a temper tantrum. Don't care.

Well 20 minutes later she realized there is a tv show on she wants to watch and is all snapped out of her fit and shmoozing dad.

So she gets to watch her show. I am just pissed. I flat told him...and you wonder why we don't ever see results or change in her. No consequences.

Oh yeah, and I had posted awhile back about her hiding in her bathroom during the school year to read her books. Well she started doing that again. She will spend like 30 minutes in the bathroom reading, sometimes longer. Then she claims well I don't feel well. Every day since we took her to the bookstore on friday.

Never ending bs and I am so sick of it.

14 years of being a step parent and still no respect from the skids. Nice.

Comments (17)