SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melanie1385

In need of some help.

Melanie1385
11 years ago

I have been dating my boyfriend for one year and he has a 3 year old son that lives with him. The son and I have gotten along great from the start. He would play with me, interact with me quite often, even tell me he loves me from time to time. I have noticed within the past few weeks he has become very distant and it has gotten to the point where he will not even acknowledge that I am there anymore. When he is asked why the sudden change in behavior by his father, he responds by saying "mommy told me not to be nice". It kills me because we had such a good relationship. It has gotten to the point where the son's constant disrespect has become an issue for my boyfriend and I. he does not understand why I get so frustrated and i don't understand why he can't understand where i am coming from. he has had many talks with his son, but nothing seems to be working. the son has also gotten to the point that every tie my boyfriend and I speak to each other he stands in between and repeats "daddy daddy daddy" until he gets all of my boyfriends attention. I do not know what to do at this point because i do not want this to end up ruining our relationship. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Comments (4)