SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parent_of_one

so upsetting..privacy issue...am I crazy?

parent_of_one
13 years ago

It is former finedreams, I created new screen name. You'll know why in a minute...

I haven't been talking about my personal life lately. Last year I was having problems with my SO, I left him, he made a lot of changes, things are good and we live together.

Now the problem is his younger DD21, I'll call her SD for short. She does not live at home, she graduated college, and is moving out of state to go to graduate school. SO is currently on a long and stressful business trip. SD has her own apartment an hour away but was staying at her mothers for some time. She comes in any time day or night when no one is here, never any warning. But that's not the issue.

Anyways i was gone for a short time today. I come back, walk in my room and see things are just not looking right.

i left my laptop in my room with my door closed, i had my accounts opened, my bills, my loans, my emails, bunch of stuff, I knew no one is home, and no one ever touches my laptop, so i left sites opened because I knew I'll be right back.

She used my laptop without asking, I could see it right away. Living at moms, then coming when no one is there and using my laptop, who knows what she looked at (that's why I am changing my screen name in case she looked through this site). I called her on her cell phone, "oh yes I had to use it. I tried PC (PC is broken, both I and SO have our personal laptops), it didn't work, so I went around the house and found your laptop."

She has her laptop at moms, mom has PC. My laptop was behind closed doors! She didn't leave me a note that she had to use it, she didn't apologize, and she had terrible attitude on the phone. i told her that she could use it as long as she asks and I would never dream of using her laptop without asking.

maybe it would be fine if my own DD did that (not like she ever would without asking), but i am not her mother, i am not even her stepmother, i deserve privacy. Am i crazy? She does not even live here, how could she just walk in, go find my laptop and use it!!!

I am so upset, I am still shaking.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living