SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ocarina_gw

Am I the Wiked step mom here?

ocarina
13 years ago

Hiya everyone! New here and well just stumbled across this wonderful forum because I do need help to clarify my toughts and there really isn't anybody I can talk to. So here goes. Hubby is 40, I'm 21 (yes I know the age difference ha ha).Been toguether 2 years, known each other 5 and been living toguether 8 months. He has 2 daughter, 19 ans 16 from prev relationship. Both still live at home, including the boyfriend of the oldest and new born baby of said oldest and said boyfriend.

Now these 2 are simply moochers who stay here because DH is not abble to put his feet on the ground and make them realise that they have their own lives and need to start getting on with their own lives and start paying for themselves and not stay under daddy's and me (SM) wings forever. We pay for everything for them (DH doesn't want to make them pay).

Now I'm obviously fairly new at step motherhood and it's even more difficult because of the age closenest. I feel that I am in no position to do dicipline or to tell them to do something in the house but the thing is the father doesnt dicipline WHAT SO EVER either. The BM is out of the picture (deceased) so there is only me left for dicipline. As previously said they are (the 3 of them to be honnest but especially the oldest and boyfriend) moochers who do not do anything in the house. I arrived and I can tell you this house was a mess, dust everywhere, bugs crawling EVERYWHERE, piles and piles of dirty dishes and so on.

I moved in 8 months ago and I have suceeded in making it livable. Still much left to do but at least no bugs crawling anywhere and no dirty piles of dishes. But thing is his daughters and the boyfriend (and husband as well to be honnest) do not do anything to clean the house. e.g. they will not change a toilet paper roll or clean their pubic/facial/body hair at the bottom of the bath or even clean jam they drop on the counter top or floor. I am left to clean after 4 bums (soon to be 5 if newborn follow in their foot steps) . And since the age difference is so little I feel verry ackward and incomfortable to tell them to clean after themselves. I tell DH to go and tell them but he obviously doesn't so I'm stuck cleaning because I (on the opposite of them all) want a clean bug free house!

Sometimes I just feel exhausted I dont know what to do. I work my bum for 3 hours to clean a kitchen come back later and there's jam everywhere on the counter top because one of SD decided to do herself a jam sandwish and can't clean behind her. And when I finally put up the courage to tell them hey ignore me and then after that I have to shout to get myself heard which sometimes gets the point across but obviously now the two SD and boyfriend see me as the wiked step mom. Damned if a do damned if a don't. I don't know what to do anymore.

(PS sorry for the long post ha ha... )

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County