SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof3_stepof1

Opinion

momof3_stepof1
12 years ago

My ds16's sm is the 50 or so year old woman... I'm 32... Anyway, her step father just died. Apparently she thought of him as her "dad", which is just fine. She has my son listed as her son on facebook, which in turn put her as my son's mother on his page... along with me also his mother. I didn't like it one bit... BUT I just left it alone. My son's birthday was Monday.... he spent that day for the most part with his dad. This is the third birthday in a row they haven't bothered to get him one tiny little thing for his birthday. He doesn't have a room at his dads... he sleeps on the couch. Her grown son has a room along with his kids. They get gifts. So, back to her step dad dying.... they listed every grandchild but left out my son. I'd be ok with that cause he's not really his grandchild, he's my parents grandchild.... BUT... out in public like on fb she wants the world to think she's his mom... but she NEVER acknowledges him anywhere else and doesn't allow his dad to either. They've been married for 10 years. I've called my son's father's parents and vented to them about their son. They agree with me 100%, they really dislike sm and told me they've always loved me and even my dh. They left their son out of their will and have my son in it. So, I don't know if his sm is just trying to get even with my son, his grandparents or what. I'm just so very tired of my son being treated like a second class kid... except when she's trying to tell me what to do. (which we all know I won't listen to what she says anyway LOL!!) My dh's mom just passed away June 19....my son was treated EXACTLY like everyother grandchild there. My mother-in-law didn't differentiate between grandchildren and step grandchildren, nor do my parents. My son seemed genuinly upset that this man died, I asked if he really knew him and he said yes. (Cause they always do everything with her parents, not my son's real grandparents)... yet they totally leave him out. I just don't understand. Can anyone shed any light on this?

By the way, right or wrong, I went into my son's fb today and deleted her as his "mother"... left her as a friend though.

Comments (7)