SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annielynm

Rare blended family.....HELP!

annielynm
13 years ago

Hello to everyone, I came across this forum and would love some advice!

Here is my situation:

I am a 33 yr old divorce mom of 2. A 9 yr son and 15 yr daughter. For the past 4 yrs I have been in a relationship with a 52 yr old man and living for 2 yrs now with him and his 16 yr old son in their home that he has owned for 17 yrs.

NEITHER of our childrens ex's are a part of their lives in any way shape or form, nor are their ex's families.

All three of our kids have been burnt in the past from our ex's. My children it seems dont really care and just want a loving family and a stable man in their lives and always show respect to any man I have ever dated, hopeing he will stay.

BF's son has always had a 'poor me' "i dont get to see my mom" "everyone my dad has been with is mean to me" attitude.

We have had ups and downs from the begining with his son, but BF and I are very much in love and have a GREAT relationship outside of the kids issues.

Like all you other stepmoms, I have gotten the cold shoulder, ignoring, rolling eyes, refusal to do things or purposfully half-assing something and then a shrug of the shoulders and an "i didnt know" response along with all the other 'household' issues.

BF tells me to just ignore it and love SS for who he is.

BF family thinks I am a dumb little blonde who has never stood on my own to feet ( they have NO idea about my past, I have always supported myself until 3 yrs ago ) and they verbalize this in front of me and other family memebers AND the kids.

I started drinking more and more to cover the pain last year or so and it worked for a bit but not anymore, I now get mood swings and get angry over very small issues which has made things around here worse.

This last month I decided to stop drinking, and I feel so much better and happier. ( I have not told thins to ANYONE )

I also told BF that I do not want to live this way anymore, the house always has a 'negative' feeling when the SS is home. ( he says my kids are mean to him too and they no longer like him around either )

Of course BF was hurt, I am too, but want to be a happy giddy person like I was when we first met, no the sour pissy one I have come out be the last few years.

So, BF and SS grab their clothes and 'some' belongings and set up home on the other side of our property ( the inlaw apartment we have )

BF says and I agreeded that we want 'our' relationship to work and last, we love each other, lets just not live together anymore or atleast until the kids are grown.

Since then I no longer get 'good morning' text messages, he doesnt come climb into bed with me in the middle of the night, sex, anything now.

This last week we talked and he said I quote "I want to be with you, I care about you and your kids, but I cant, it would be too hard on SS, he would be hurt, not now, I couldnt tell him that we might go out to dinner and have him getting upset and thinking that we might get back together, not now."

HUH!!!??????

Did I miss something? or am I crazy?

I really feel like SS has what he wants now..."his Dad" and Daddy just wants to make him happy. In less than two weeks he was bought a new laptop ( that months ago we said we could not afford ) spent $400 on new clothes, got a new bed, along with many other things.

I am so in love with this man, but will admit that I have grown to hate his son. I did not feel this way in the past, just now.

Should I hang tight? Maybe BF will come around and we can move on with our relationship or should I say screw it, why should I have to wait for them....and move on.....

I am a very pretty gal ( as I am told ) and cant go the the grocery store without getting hit on....I can easily have a handfull of men at my door in a matter of days, yet I love my BF.

What should I do? I need advice!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions