SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fransin_gw

Hard time Accepting

fransin
13 years ago

Having a hard time accepting the position I am in. I am 42 years old, divorced with a beautiful boy who is 7. In July 2008, my ex-husband passed away. Though my son didn't have a "typical" relationship like a father and son usually do, because he was always working and never home, my son was still very sad and misses him very much. During this time, I was in a relationship with a man I have known and loved since 2nd grade. We "dated" twice in high school (LOL), and ran into each other in 2006 at a high school reunion. We've been together ever since. With him came his triplet boys, which was not hard to accept, but just a big change for me. I was very thankful tough that they were in our lives at the time of my sons dad passing, because my boyfriend and his triplet brothers were there for my son. I love the triplets and my now fiancvery much. He is a wonderful man and a great father. When our relationship started, he told me about another son he had prior to the triplets. He was never in his sons life, but has been paying child support for 10 years. His son is now 17. He tried looking for his son over the years but was never able to find him. He has always felt bad about turning his back on him. So recently, his son found him and wants to have a relationship with him and I am just having a hard time with it all. Though I knew about him, I just never, never, never thought this would transpire. I know that what happened years ago was not the kids fault and all the kid says he wants is a relationship with his dad, but I just donÂt see myself welcoming him like I did the triplets. And also wonder if there is another motive. I donÂt know why I am feeling like this except for the fact that I am happy with the family I have now and donÂt want another person to add. And I really don't want another woman to deal with, though the triplets mom and I get along very well. I feel like a horrible person and I have asked God to give me the strength to accept this because if I donÂt, my fiancé has made it very clear that he will not turn his back on his son again, which I donÂt expect him to. I havenÂt asked him to choose, just to give me some time. I also donÂt want to take another daddy from my son, so another reason I have to accept it. I love kids and thatÂs why I feel so selfish and wondering why this is so hard for me. As I read this website, I was shocked and felt comforted that I am not the only out there who canÂt explain why they cannot accept their significant otherÂs kids. Can anyone offer me a bit of advice? IÂve been reading about acceptance to get me through this but just don't know.....

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH