SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpwiththis

I think I may be free soon!!!!!

helpwiththis
14 years ago

I have posted on here a few times about my situation with my sister. Just to recap my sister moved in with her young child after going through a bad break-up with the father of her child. Since moving in she has gotton lazier and lazier to the point of ridiculous. I have had many talks with her and things never improve for a long period of time. The only talk that went well was when I told her that starting at the beginning of this school year I was done babysitting for her. She accepted that.

Well her child's b-day is coming up and she wanted to have a party at my home with all our family and friends. We told her fine but clean up is all on her. The other day she was talking about all the running around she had to do the day before the party and I reminded her that she also had a whole house to clean that day for the party! She got mad and began yelling that there are only 2 of them here and 4 of us and her party was going to be in the yard...blablabla!!!

I told her that if anyone is coming to my home I expected it clean! I am not asking her to put our things away. I told her I would expect floors clean, bathrooms wiped down, dishes done, counter clean, etc. And then I told her I am sick of her laziness around here when it comes to cleaning. And I told her that I do not care if she is a family of 2, she lives in my home and is expected to help clean up. She uses the bathrroms and walks on the floors---no reason why she should not have to clean them! She said she will cancel the party and I told her to go ahead and I will be sure to tell them all the reason it was cancelled is because she refuses to clean.

So she has not cancelled the party and says she is going to take care of the cleaning. Just to make sure I made plans with my kids the day before the party to make sure we will be gone for a few hours while she is cleaning!

So now others are telling me she is moving out and getting a place with her new boyfriend! The guy has cheated on her, lied to her, borrowed money from her and not paid it back, and the list goes on! I hate to see her move in with another loser but I am done helping. I asked her if she is moving in with him and she says she is not sure but they are looking and she is looking for a place for just her and her child as well. I told her I did not kick her out, that moving is her choice. And she said she knew that.

So I am going to give it a month. If she is still here I am sitting her down and telling her that if she wants to continue living here there are new stipulations that will be followed. She will have chores and be responsible for making some dinners. If she does not like it then she knows where the door is.

I am ready for her to move! Never again will I help someone out. After all I have done for her from letting her move in, to free babysitting she has been ungrateful.

Comments (5)