SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Worried about SS at BM's

lovehadley
14 years ago

DH signed SS up for a weeklong day camp starting tomorrow. BM had been insisting she wasn't going to send him but yesterday afternoon she called and said SS wants to do it, and she is going to send him....but....she needs DH's help w/driving to and from b/c she and HER DH are sharing one car.

I guess her DH's truck and his other car are both broken down and they have been sharing BM's car. (makes sense to us now b/c the last few weeks, SF has been the one to pick SS up from our house, in BM's car, or else BM has arrived driving her mom's car.)

Anyway, DH grudgingly said he would help if need be. He's not thrilled b/c BM lives 25 miles from us....but he's not about to let SS miss camp. To be fair to BM, she did say that she would probably only need help w/driving once or twice b/c her DH and her mom could help, as well.

BUT--I have to add in the fact---they JUST got a new puppy on Friday, a very expensive purebred that cost $600, according to SS. WHY he even needed to know that is beyond me. SIGH. We know they sold one of their other dogs about a month ago and SS had been talking about how they were going to replace it with a litttle fluffy dog. When BM and her mom picked him up on Friday, they had a pic of the dog, and were going to get it, and SS called DH later to tell him they got it.

So this morning BM calls and leaves DH a message saying SS's tennis shoes must be at our house and can he drop them off at camp in the morning and can he call her back b/c she has a problem.

He calls her back and she tells him she has NO FOOD in the house, and nothing to pack for SS's lunch. She was crying and everything, saying things are really bad.

UGH. I mean, not to kick someone when they are down but geez.....how can you not have food in the house for your kids and have two broken-down cars but still have money to buy purebred dogs??? DH confronted her on that---granted, it may not be any of his business how much they spend on a dog, BUT when it's to the point where SS needs food and transportation b/c BM is broke, then it kind of DOES become DH's concern. BM gave him some song and dance about how they were expecting a bigger paycheck for her DH than he got, yada yada...and they had already put a deposit down on the dog and would have lost the deposit if they hadn't paid the rest of the money. WHATEVER. So now SS and his baby sister, and his older stepsister (if she's there) supposedly have nothing to eat.

DH said he would pack a lunch and bring it w/the shoes in the morning. But now he is all concerned about what SS is eating over there. :(

Part of me thinks he should stick $20 in the lunchbag, as well, just b/c SS needs to EAT and he will be w/BM until Wed. Scary to think things are THAT bad that they have no food! But I also find it hard to believe, if so, that BM couldn't call her mom and say I need some money, or I need some food.

It's just one more thing to worry about w/SS now.

Not to mention the fact that BM was out last night. DH hadn't gotten his goodnight call from SS so finally at 9:30 pm he called and BM answered her cell and said she was at a friend's bridal shower, and SS was home w/his stepfather. DH said it sounded really loud, like bar-restaurant type place, in the background. I'm sure if BM was out like that she was drinking. (and really, who has a bridal shower at 9 pm??? more like bachelorette party!)

So who knows WHAT is going on over there. Nothing good, I'm sure.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling