SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

I'm done.... (just venting a lil)

imamommy
12 years ago

Hope everyone had a happy 4th of July. I tried. I give up!

SD was to be with DH for the three day weekend. Then BM sends a text to DH last week to see if she can pick her up Sunday or Tuesday (well, not her... she sends her elderly mother). The pick up is SUPPOSED to be Monday at 5pm. BM told DH that she had a party to go to at 2pm on Monday. I was hosting a party at 4 pm at our house (with dinner served at 5:30). Initially, DH said that he wanted to stick to the scheduled time of 5pm Monday. So, I had to open my big mouth & tole him that's not really fair to SD because she will miss her mom's party & leave just as mine is beginning. I suggested he talk to SD to see what SHE wanted to do. At least that way, she makes the decision & shouldn't be able to get mad at anyone & can go to whatever party SHE wants to. Simple, right?

Um, SD decides she wants grandma to pick her up at the original time of Monday at 5pm. I shrug & say whatever. She probably doesn't want to choose one over the other... or doesn't know what she wants. So, that was HER decision.

All day Monday, I was busy cooking & setting up for the party. DH was running to the store with SD & around 3:30 they come back. SD has Subway & DH says it's her lunch. I mention that the party will start in an hour or so... there's lots of food but he wanted to feed her then & there because she was hungry. He told me she wasn't eating at the party. Ok, fine. I'm busy, people start arriving & food is put out. SD jumps at the front of the line to get a plate of food. I asked her "didn't you just eat lunch a little while ago?" She doesn't say a word to me. She throws down her plate, stomps over to where DH's parents are sitting & hangs her head down. Of course grandma looks over at me & I told her that DH just fed her lunch from Subway and it's up to him if she can eat again because he told me she wasn't eating. I never told SD she absolutely can't eat. But, SD didn't go ask DH, she just sat there with her grandparents. About 15 minutes later, BM's mother gets there to pick her up. She smiles, jumps up & says her goodbyes to everyone... goes to grandma's car.

I was sitting with my dad a couple of tables away from DH's parents. There is already other tensions because I gave DH's unemployed brother a job & he didn't want to do the job the way he was told (by my daughter who is the delivery supervisor) and he walked off the job two weeks ago in the middle of a delivery... and I got a call from the customer complaining about his behavior. So MIL is not happy about all that. Anyway, I'm eating & talking to my dad when I notice BM's mother standing by the food tables with MIL. DH came to sit by me & I ask him if there's a problem... he hadn't noticed BM's mother come over. I looked around & SD was still in the car. So, DH goes over to find out if there's a problem & BM's mom tells DH that SD is hungry so she is going to let her make a plate. DH says she ate Subway earlier but that's fine if she's still hungry. Meanwhile, I had gotten up to get a drink & chase after DGS. When I came back, SD was sitting there with DH. She had been crying, her eyes all red & she wouldn't look at me. She ate & I took DGS to play in the bounce house. A while later, SD leaves with her grandma. Later, my dad tells me that while I was getting the drink, MIL came over with SD to ask DH if it's okay for SD to sit with him? (as if someone has told her she can't... MIL was going to make sure SD got to sit with her daddy) I wasn't there but my dad was irate at the way MIL asked DH... and it takes a lot to make my dad irate. My dad was dumbfounded by SD's crying. She was all smiles when she went to the car but when she came to sit at the table, she was balling. (by the time I got there, she had stopped crying but her eyes were red/puffy)

About a half hour later, MIL announced she's going home in a huffy tone. FIL looked startled but followed. They came over & gave me a cordial/obligatory hug but she was clearly upset with me. DH says she's upset about how BIL was let go & that they are unhappy that DH never goes to do anything with them... it's always at our house when I have a party. DH was a little confused about what his mother was talking about. I asked him if they've invited us to do anything or come over that I don't know about because as far as I know, they never host anything or invite us over. I am not obligated to employ BIL because he needs a job & may lose his house. I went against my better judgment in hiring him & he walked off the job. I feel no guilt for it not working out. and as for SD, I've decided I want NOTHING to do with her. I felt bad that she would miss out & neither her mom or dad was going to let her decide what SHE wanted. I thought of her feelings & tried to do what I felt was right. BIG MISTAKE apparently. and as for DH spending time with his family... I may just start dropping him off at their house every weekend so they can go do "family things" with their 42 year old son... and I'll send SD as a bonus.

Then, I go on facebook & see that BIL wrote smartass comments about my DD and SIL adding more smartass comments about my business. I ended up blocking everyone on DH's side of the family from my facebook & just waiting for the backlash... I mean, why would you want me as a friend on facebook if you are gonna talk crap that is only intended to start a fight? I'm ignoring the comments... he wrote about something that happened over a month ago so apparently he is still upset & telling his mommy on me.

Oh yeah, the party BM had to attend at 2pm was a lie. SD told DH there is no party. BM posted on FB that she was going camping.

Comments (12)