Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BM....so annoying

Posted by lovehadley (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 6, 09 at 15:02

The woman seems to have the maturity of a 7th grader.

So she was all mad that the 4th, per the parenting plan, was my DH's holiday.

Well, it rained. It was definitely less-than-ideal weather. Rain on the morning of the 4th, and then it sprinkled and was very cool off and on all day. (VERY unusual weather for us, as it is usually 90+ and sunny in July!) The fireworks went off without a hitch, but it started to rain just as they were ending.

It didn't bother us *too* much; the parade we go see every year was delayed for an hour, but the rain did stop and it started and was great.

We had been planning on going swimming, so that was disappointing but oh well--what are you gonna do?

All in all, we had a great weekend---carnival w/the kids Friday night, parade on the 4th and a party/fireworks w/friends and family that night. Then on the 5th we had a bbq and went swimming at my mom's house.

Well, DH tells me that this AM BM texted him and said "too funny your 4th was rainy, LMAO. ___will have so much more fun with me next year. haha."

GRRRRRRR. I don't know why I let that bother me--but it just chaps my @$$! And DH's too---he was so irritated, as well. Thankfully, he is continuing onward with disengaging/not reacting to HER, so he didn't say anything in response.

I just think she is such a psycho b*tch!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BM....so annoying

Since you can't change the way she acts, maybe you should try to change the way you react.

o

That's funny. She can tell the weather pattern 365 days from now? Give that girl a weather-anchor job.... pronto!

o
Hang in there

Hang in there love. Beofre it's all said and done your BM might be sharing a cell with my BM. That sound alot alike.

They ALWAYS get thiers eventually. I never thought it would happen but after so many incidents and years of drama she finally got popped.

o

Thanks.

I suppose that is why I said:

"I don't know why I let that bother me--but it just chaps my @$$! And DH's too---he was so irritated, as well. Thankfully, he is continuing onward with disengaging/not reacting to HER, so he didn't say anything in response."

I can't really help if something bothers me, now can I? Sorry, but that text irritates me. I didn't react to it, nor did DH. But it still bugs me!

o

"The woman seems to have the maturity of a 7th grader. "

That's it in a nutshell. Repeat as necessary...

Can DH save and/or print out the text?
It really does paint quite a picture of how BM is as a mother.

o
RE: Love

I can see why it would irritate you. That's a rude thing to say. Good for you for not reacting to it where she could see it. But what a juvenile thing for her to say!!!

o

"Since you can't change the way she acts, maybe you should try to change the way you react"

Sorry, Silver, I wasn't snapping at you or Doodle, I was responding to the above comment.

o

I figured Love.

o

There are not words . . .

If you can't forward and print the text, take a picture of it, and make sure you get the date/time it was sent. Then get a copy of the phone bill showing when the text came in. I think that would be a gem to give the GAL. She doesn't sound like it's all about competition rather than her son at all!!

o

I would try not to react to anything but I agree with JNM, i would save it. In fact i would save everything what she sends in case somehting comes up. every text and every email.

o

What a rude thing to say.

o

me too :) no offense taken.

o

Yes, it is imature, but I dont care so much what people say to me, as long as they dont say rotten things to my DD.

o

BM sounds like it just kills her if you and dh have a good time with her son! He probably went home and told her what a great time he had, but that it rained. Her ears perked up because that was the worst thing that happened all weekend and she wanted to dwell on it.

Good for you and dh for not reacting to bm. Continue enjoying your time with the child and ignoring her stupidity! Who knows....by the 4th next year she may not have unsupervised visitation....

o

What a dumb a@@!

o

The first line said it all. I don't even know if it's 7th grade.

So there you have it. Gloating is destructive and negative.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here