SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

bm trying to move out of state

mom_of_4
14 years ago

So, it is official. BM chose to bring up at sd's bday party yestureday that she wants to move to texas. At the party the kids and my family brought up the fact that we are moving. (same city just the other side of town dh finally got the job he was trying to get and we get a huge discount to live at a very nice property... and it just so happens to put us in the area of a very good elementary school) So, bm heard about us moving and she talked to DH about it... no big deal we had told her in advance we were looking for cheaper rent and we were considering that side of town because it is just better all the way around...anyways... she brought up "since we are talking about moving" she wants to move to texas to find better paying work (she is going to school to be an lpn right now) .. the whole better paying work is really she wants to move to texas ... she always has. Her first idea was that she have the kids during the school year and they spend summer with us. DH told her he was not okay with not being able to be involved with their schooling, that we have worked to hard to get the kids on a good track, and we are homeschooling oldest ss. So, her next 'idea' was that they are with us for the school year but she would get all of summer and all holidays. DH said no again because there is no way he wants to have to miss every christmas with his kids. He told her that wasnt fair and he was not cool with that either. She said "I know either way it is going to suck" He ended the conversation and said that they needed to get together and talk about this more but this wasnt the time. Oh yeah, and she said she was going to try to end the whole child support thing but she would have to call around and find out. (we'll see) So, she waited until after the party was over and everyone left and told him basically this move wouldnt be till after the beginning of the year and if he had any ideas to let her know.

DH kind of feels like she just wants to take off but doesnt want to feel guilty about it. I dont know. It is scaring the crud out of me. I cant believe she is even considering moving half way across the country. DH doesnt know what to do. He is scared as well but at the same time he is trying to consider a suggestion that would work for everyone if she does move. I dont know...it is worrisome.

Comments (34)