SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parent_of_one

Laundry anyone?

parent_of_one
12 years ago

In a long scheme of things it might not be important yet it is something I want to fix.

YSD uses our hamper in a master bathroom. Now I'd rather she not, there are very specific reasons for it. If anyone wants to know, I'll tell.

OSD never uses our hamper and in fact I never saw any of her laundry, YSD is a different story.

I don't feel like telling her directly, somehow it might sound offensive, there are already too many changes and rules that are different from what they get used to, i don't feel like directly pushing yet another one...

Anyways I have laundry baskets and placed one in a guest bedroom in the past, she only used it to carry clean laundry back to her room but not for dirty laundry. So it hasn't been working.

Now for this visit I bought a collapsible hamper and am going to place in a guest room, possibly saying nothing or making a general comment to her that i bought her a hamper. But every time I buy her like body products or whatever else she makes a joke that i do it so she won't take mine. Sure that's one of the reasons. LOL So she might either ignore it like she ignored basket or think i am pushing her out of the master bathroom.

Anyways those of you with adult kids, do they use your hamper, do they have their own baskets/hampers? Generally how do you address it and how do you think i should address it.

Comments (10)