SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Update

imamommy
14 years ago

It's July 1... they went to court on June 1 and the court ordered a full evaluation. DH & BM were ordered to split the cost of the evaluation 50/50. BM was ordered to set it up.

I called the evaluator the day of court and inquired about the cost, so we can come up with it. The court indicated it is several thousand dollars. Since he didn't have an order, he couldn't tell me the cost so I gave our info.. names & phone numbers. His office said they can't do anything or tell us what it will cost until BM sets it up and then he'll call us. We have not yet received a call.

An evaluation takes 2-12 months to complete and the further hearing is scheduled for August 3. The evaluation must be complete & given to the parties 10 days prior to the hearing so that means if it's not done by the middle of July, in two weeks... it won't be ready by the hearing. We are assuming she does not have the money and is stalling, but we might get surprised and have to get it done in a short time. So, for now it's anyone's guess.

School starts in mid August so if she asks for a continuance or more time to do the evaluation, school will start before we can get it done. If she drops it, the court will still hear DH's request for modifying weekends from the 1st three weekends to every other weekend and he has asked that SD be allowed to participate in sports that might take place on BM's time and allow BM to make up that time.

SD is back in counseling because either way, she needs it. She has spent most of summer staying with grandma during BM's weeks. Grandma has not moved yet, so we're not sure that's going to happen either. There's just a lot of uncertainty at this point. SD has been through a lot and it's taken it's toll on me too. At this point, I have removed myself from the mix... someone else picks her up & she spends 100% of her time with DH. I'm still around her but I am not alone with her anymore. I let DH do everything for her and things are fairly calm. It may also be that she realizes her mom is probably going to drop the case, but she is being nicer to me.

Comments (8)