SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darfawnda

Etiquette Question

darfawnda
13 years ago

My fiance and I haven't yet started making wedding plans, but he has mentioned that he would want to invite his DD's BM even though he and BM do not get along. He has said he thinks it is important for DD that both parents have the option to be involved during such an important event and he would expect an invitation from BM to her wedding (although I don't see why she would invite him).

First off, it is HIGHLY unlikely that BM would consider attending for even a second since she has a hard time agreeing to attend any event at our home we have invited her to when they are fully centered around DD. Second, even though my future SD certainly will have a role in the wedding ceremony, I see the event being for me and her father, so why would we invite BM? Also, we both agree that we want a very small wedding (like 20 guests small), so that would make it impossible to avoid BM if she did show.

I haven't worried too much about it since it's likely to be a year or so before any wedding ceremony, but I'm curious if the rest of you think this is a normal thing for Dad to want to do and if I should just let it go and cross my fingers she doesn't come, or should I try to talk him out of it since her attendance would be extremely awkward for everyone except maybe DD?

Comments (9)