SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Ladies...I need everyone's honest input...BM contacted me

lovehadley
14 years ago

BM picked SS up today and DH walked SS out onto the porch, as usual. SS went out to BM's car, and came back a minute later with a gift bag w/card inside. He came inside and gave it to me and said "this is from Grandma."

Huh????

I said thank you and he went running back to BM's car and they left. DH came back inside and was, like me, flabbergasted and asked what it was.

We opened it---I recognized the handwriting on the card as BM's immediately and thought WHAT the heck???

It was a VERY NICE apology and a coffee mug with the serenity prayer on it. I am going to type the note out on here for you all to read.

Dear Love,

I know I am not supposed to contact you. However, I owe you an apology. My purpse in life has always been to love, protect and keep my children safe. Until I finally hit rock bottom, it was then when I realized how screwed up my life was and how I was doing the exact opposite for myself and my children. I'm quite ashamed of my actions that dreaded day in April. I feel lucky to have second lease on life. I cannot keep going forward until I say sorry to you. I am very sorry.

____ (she signed her name)

I am shocked, touched, angry and just a whole range of emotions.

I don't know how or what to think. I am touched by an apology from a woman who has spent the last 6 years of my life with my DH trying to make things terrible and causing lots of pain. I am angry that she has just clearly violated the order of protection I have that means a lot to me. I am happy to hear she is trying to get her life back together...but at the same time, this is the woman who only a couple weeks ago was flipping out about SS doesn't like me, etc.

I don't know. I do not want to become an angry, bitter, resentful person.

What should I do? What would you do?

I am NOT going to contact her in any way shape, or form. I have given her chance after chance after chance and I am to the point where I can no longer be *friendly* with her. I do not trust her.

Part of me is ANGRY that she would so brazenly contact me and disregard a protective order. I feel insulted by that. Is that wrong?

My DH says to appreciate the sentiment behind what she wrote and to let it go.

Comments (14)