SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Oooh, I am mad....

lovehadley
14 years ago

Last week, DH was holding the passenger side (rear) door open for the kids to climb into my suv and he noticed 4 dents above the top of the door.

He did not mention them to me until we were in the car and we got distracted and by the time we got home hours later, we had both forgotten about them.

Well, today I had to run something over to my dad's office and he walked me and DD out to our car as we were leaving. He walked around to DD's side to give her a kiss goodbye and he also saw the dents at the top.

I would never have noticed them, as they are above my eye level---I am 5'4". I mean, I am sure at some point I would have noticed them, but not anytime just during normal use of the car, kwim?

Anyway, I am 99% positive BM did them. I am so mad! That night she was drunk and enraged trying to attack me--I finally was able to lock her out of the house and I CLEARLY remember thinking---oh, geez, she is in the drivway alone with my car! I remember thinking she was probably going to key it or something. As a matter of fact, after she was taken away, I did go out to the car and check it over along the doors, hood, etc. I was mostly looking for key scratches. Anyway, I didn't look up top...

I suppose there is a chance she didn't do it...but everything in me says she did! DH (who is in the car business) said the dents are 100% deliberate, somebody took something and banged them in a row. He thinks BM did it that night, as well.

That was the first thing my dad said, too---when was the last time she was around your car?

I mean, I suppose it could have been vandals. BUT I DOUBT IT. WE live in a very nice area and my car is almost always parked in the garage. The only reason it wasn't that night when BM showed up was b/c I had several bags of potting soil in the back and was unloading them into the garden, and didn't feel like having to haul them from the garage to the yard.

I know to some it might sound like I am being paranoid---but I know this woman, I know how she is, and the fact that I was WORRIED about her damaging my car pretty much says all. I KNOW there were some gardening tools lying out in the flower beds along the front of the house and down the side--she could have totally used one of those that night on the car.

It just p*sses me off!

Comments (5)