SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skcsm

Clingy Adult StepDaughter

skcsm
9 years ago

I have been re-married for over 20 years. My stepdaughter is now 29 years old. We have a pretty good relationship and also very respectful. My problem is, when she is around us she clings to my husband and will only do things with us and not her siblings (1 step brother and one half brother). For instance, we were at the beach and here brothers went clam digging but she stays behind and reads because that is what her father is doing. She literally follows her father around and does what he does. For short periods of time, this is tolerable but when we vacation for extended periods this becomes very frustrating and irritating for me because I can't seem to get any time alone with him. Every time I try to do something with him she wants to go with us an expects us to treat...even stay in our hotel room so she doesn't have to pay for her own room. I do love my stepdaughter very much but I feel she oversteps my boundaries. I have spoken to my husband about this many times but he doesn't want to be in the middle and says he loves us both and doesn't know what to do. Help?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio