SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

I'm the mean mom/sm today!

incognitomom
12 years ago

I have tried to be pretty lenient this summer. I did't mind if the kids chill out in the mornings for a while before getting their days started. I was letting them stay up later. But then it got ridiculous. They would be up till 1 or 2am and then up at 7am playing with electronics. It would be 11am and nobody wanted to eat breakfast and they had been up for hours playing with electronics. I would tell them it was time to eat breakfast and get chores done and I would get grunts and groans!

So last night I had it and told them all midnight bedtimes. I also said that when they awoke in the morning there was no electronics until breakfast was eaten, chores were done, teeth were brushed, hair was done and they are dressed for the day! They all looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language.

Funny how this morning everyone slept till 10am! And then they just wanted to lay in their beds. LOL Guess since they could not get up and become zombies in front of the computer, tv, or video games it was not worth missing sleep!

I'm happy with that though. At least they will get a good amount of sleep and not be crabby! And if they want to lay in their bed all morning to avoid chores thats fine too....but when the phone or doorbell starts ringing for them and I have to tell people they are not available till they get their chores done they may get up!

Comments (2)