SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Mommy brag :)

lovehadley
14 years ago

My DD is doing swim team for the second summer in a row.

Last year, she was at the top of her game, swimming in the 6 and under category.

This summer has been a struggle for her--she turned 7 in May, and has to swim in the 7-8 girls division. Well, a lot of thes girls are much bigger and older! Heck, some of them are 8, almost 9. That is a big difference at this age! She is def. at a disadvantage, being at the youngest end of her agegroup.

Anyway, she has had to move up a practice lane, and they swim a lot more laps, it's just generally a lot tougher than last year. But she has been working hard, and hanging in there, even though she finds the practices really hard....

Well, her hard work is starting to pay off! She came in first place last night in 7-8 backstroke, heat 1! (for those of you not familiar, heat 1 is the group comprised of the swimmers w/the fastest times...) She was SO EXCITED! She usually comes in 3rd or 4th, and has been getting disappointed...last night, she just swam so strong, and DH and I were cheering so loudly...I wish I had a video camera on me b/c when she hit the wall and looked and saw that she was 1st, her face just LIT UP. The people next to us (from the other team) were saying "oh look at that little girl, she is so excited."

Then she came in 2nd place in the girls freestyle, heat 1, also!

She also swam butterfly and came in last :) but she was just so thrilled to have swam fly that she didn't care (or notice!)

I am just glad that she had a great meet b/c I have been assuring her that the tougher practices will pay off in the end....

I swam competitively all through grade school, highschool and college until I got PG...so this is esp. exciting for me! :) I love to see her enjoying it and doing well, and feeling confident about it!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus