Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Court tomorrow!

Posted by lovehadley (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 1, 09 at 11:11

DH and I are very anxious.

We're not sure what the format will be.

GAL told DH he is going to recommend to the judge that BM sign an agreement, to be entered into the parenting plan, that she will not consume alcohol 12 hrs prior to and during her time w/SS.

But we know her attorney will say no way.

The GAL said if that's the case, there will be a quick hearing and supervised visits may be threatened. Then the judge will make the final call.

I am nervous because if there is a hearing, I am going to have to testify about the incident w/BM being drunk, trying to take SS and assaulting me.

Tips? I know the best thing is to stay calm, stick to the facts, and not get overly emotional, right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Court tomorrow!

I would make bullet pointed lists. In chronological order. Then bounce them off of someone not directly involved (a girlfriend?) to make sure I sound concise. Practice, practice, practice. I have a hard time speaking in front of people, and I get flustered and cry easily. If you know what you will say, and how you will say it the process will be more comfortable. Imagine the worst question they could ask you "you had a few drinks yourself, didn't you Love?..." or "...so when you grabbed his arm so hard you bruised him, is that a common disciplinary tactic?" and practice answering with grace. I wish you the best!

o

Totally agree with Silver --

And Good Luck in court. We'll be thinking of you and waiting by the computer for your update.

o

Relax and like silver said practice. As long as you are being truthful you have not a thing to worry about.

I hope it goes well!!!

o

Ditto! Good luck! Even if it doesn't go the way you want it....just remember that God is faithful.

o

Good luck!

Stay calm, try to relax & not overly emotional. Stay focused on SS's best interests. Stay supportive of DH, but let him lead. Let your attorney do all the talking & maintain your composure, even when you want to SCREAM! and yes, be truthful.

You'll be fine.

o

Any chance of getting a statement from DS's former pre-school or private school in time for court?

o

My thoughts are with you this morning... good luck!

o

read from a list of facts, don't rely on memory. good luck, hope everything will go fine.

o

We will be anxiously awaiting an update!!!

o

Let us know what happens!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here