SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

BM financial problems

lovehadley
14 years ago

She called DH this morning---don't even get me started on how he is easing back into talking to her more b/c that's another issue---and DH said she was almost hysterical.

She actually wanted to know if she and her DH could *borrow* $2800. Apparently, if they don't come up w/the money today, they are being evicted.

Sigh.

DH just said he couldn't do that (couldn't means wouldn't, there is no way in h*ll he/we would ever do that, given the circumstances) and what about her parents? She said her parents are "done with helping them." He asked about her DH's parents and she said that her in-laws loaned them 3K for wedding costs, and they cannot borrow any more money from them.

I am flabbergasted she would even ask DH---well, no, I take that back. Nothing with BM surprises me anymore. Two years ago, when she was pregnant, she "broke up" with her DH (then BF) and asked DH if she could live with US for a few weeks---she said she would "stay on the lower level and not bother us." Craziness!

Anyway, who knows if she is exaggerating or not w/their finances---they always seem to be in one jam or another and get out of it somehow. And DH didn't say this to HER, of course, but to me, he just said "well, maybe this is BETTER for SS in the long run." I know that sounds awful to say--that it might be in his best interest if they get evicted---but it just gives us further grounds for primary custody, and at this point, if BM and DH can't keep it together, then that IS what's best for him. We know BM's drinking again b/c SS told us that BM drinks wine at night sometimes but that "it's okay because it doesn't make her act crazy anymore."

The thing that sucks, though---is that yes, if this is the way things are going to be, then SS IS better off with us. BUT that's not REALLY the best thing. The BEST THING would be for his mom to get her life together somehow! As the child of an alcoholic who has been in recovery for almost 8 yrs, I so wish that someone on BM's side of the family would stage an intervention. I don't know if it would make a difference or not--but someone has got to get her to wake up! Her whole LIFE is a mess. Drinking, evictions, no money, etc. It just gets worse and worse....

That night she came over to our house--before she went all apesh*t on me---when she was sitting in the kitchen crying, she was bawling about how horrible her life is, and I was trying to encourage her and be positive. She had been looking into some sort of LPN program and I told her that was a FAB idea! I remember her saying it started this August, and was from 9-4 and the *reason* she didn't want to do it was b/c she didn't want SS to be at after-care on her days. And I was reassuring her that an hour at after-care wouldn't be BAD by any means, and that by doing something positive for HERSELF, she would in turn be bettering SS's life.

Anyway, we talked about her drinking, and how she just needs to STOP and she agreed....but then everything went to h*ll in a handbasket, and that was that.

I don't know...I need to quit thinking about it b/c it just frustrates me and irritates me and there is nothing I can do but wait and see where the cards fall....

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living