SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Trying again w/SS

lovehadley
14 years ago

I am going to have him with me today.

DH has been taking him to work for a few hours on Wed/Thurs this summer but it's really taking a toll on DH and SS, too.

I am still VERY hesitant and not ready to jump back into being fully responsible every Wed, Thurs and EO fri/sat when DH works.

But today I had made plans to go w/DD and my mom to my mom's club pool for swimming and lunch. I figured this is a good opportunity to try again w/SS, since my mom will be there.

SS has been very sweet to me the last month or so. I *hope* he has begun to see the ramifications of what happens when he tells BM things that are not true. I think he has taken some of his rose-colored glasses off in regards to her. This last time when BM blew up at DH (last week) DH told her he would no longer continue the conversation b/c he could hear SS in the background and he kept asking BM to go somewhere private. Finally, he heard SS yell at BM really loud "stop being mean to my dad!" He did it before, as well, with the CPS/bruise stuff---in front of DH, he told BM to stop fighting and that I had not hurt him. And he was honest with the caseworker and told her that I did not give him a bruise, but that "his mom said I did." So he KNOWS how to be honest. It's standing strong in front of his mom that he has trouble with.

NOW--DH and I still don't know what SS may have said prior to that. He is vague about it and changes his story from "he didn't say anything" to he "told BM I hurt him a little bit."

But either way---I am going to start slowly w/today and give it a chance. As his self-confidence boosts, I think he will be better able to distinguish right from wrong, even when his mom is telling him *wrong.*

Next week both he and DD will be in day camp, so that will pass the time. The following week, we are all going on vaca together for 5 days. Then it's only a couple more weeks and school will be starting again. If I can make it to then--I feel A LOT more comfortable. Then it means I will be picking him up at school (1 mile from our house, woohoo!) and DH will be home less than 2 hrs later.

Wish me luck!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH