SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parent_of_one

How to get rid of someone?

parent_of_one
12 years ago

Absolutely OT. But don't want to ask anyone in real life because they are too invested.

I know someone, would not call her a friend, but just know her.

She is very much into spending time with me,seeing me, doing stuff etc She leaves out of town now, but not too far, so she is in the area quite often.

Now over several years that I have known her I developed a notion that I simply do not want to spend time with her, there is something about her that eats my energy up and produces some anxiety and discomfort in me.

BUT I seem to be unable to get rid of her without actually being rude or hurtful. But I simply do not know how to do it because it is not like she did somehting awful.

At some point I honestly (I know it is not nice) simply stopped answering phone calls, but she would not stop calling. While i was on vacation she left 2 messages, and I did not call back. Last night she called 3 times. I thought it could be an emergency (3 times?) so i did call back ( no emergency).

Now when she wants me to go with her to XYZ, I feel bad saying that I just don't want to, I feel like I have to lie about other obligations but I don't like to lie plus I don't want to feel anxiety over showing up somewhere and here she is "didn't you say you have to babysit your niece?" I simply do not want to make elaborate lies.

I know it might not a be a big issue, but it feels very annoying for me, I called her back but she was at work. I know for a fact she is going to ask let's go do this or that or see this or that. And I am in a state of anxiety making up a story in my head that SO and I have to go do XYZ this weekend, then she'll ask "can i go with you". UUUGHHH PLEASE HELP!!!!

How do I get rid of a person without being rude to her face?

(rereading my post is started looking that she is romantically into me, no, that's not the case LOL)

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting