SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myfampg

Parallel Parenting

myfampg
12 years ago

Hello All

I am nearing the end of my month long, 'vacation' as a mom to Dd 10.

Still never got to talk to her but YAY it's over and I can talk to her all I want for days on end. We are going on vacation at the end of the week and I'm so lOoking forward to spending this time with my family.

I had someone mention to me that I should research parallel parenting for the future. Basically meaning, I would disengage while Dd is with Dad.

Definition: a form of custody or guardianship order in which such authority transfers from parent to parent as the children are exchanged.

The more research I've done it sounds like basically when she is with him, I disengage. No communication with him. I assume none with her. We don't argue back and forth about each others parenting unless the child becomes in danger etc.

Does anyone know any more. Have any advice? This is actually something I am interested in and I plan to mention to my therapist. I would need coaching of course!! It wont be easy to let go of my parenting reigns but in the end I believe it would benefit me emotionally to just find that place of peace and acceptance. I think I have become so numb over the last few weeks but I don't think that is acceptance.

Comments (109)