SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sassymom12

Stepping away from the SD!

sassymom12
14 years ago

New to the forum. My SD is 9 & my DD is 11. After 2 1/2 yrs of being treated like crud I am stepping back. SD lives with us FT & I can't deal with the stress of dealing with her. She argues nonstop, ie the color of a medicine bottle, she lies,blames, & is nasty to me. If I look at her i get "WHAT"? No matter what I do it doesn't work.

Example: Buying her an outfit she was telling me she wanted XS shorts, Nooo you're a S. She kept at it. I bought S. Then asks for KoolAid & I said we have apple juice. She continues to argue & I told her that KoolAid had more sugar & I'm not buying it. On the way home I told her I'm tired of her argueing over everything & the way she talks to me. She started crying & I asked her why: "Because you said KoolAid has more sugar than juice & you're wrong!" Just 1 example of my day with her from wakeup until bedtime. Does what I ask her not to withing minutes & doesn't do what I ask. FINALLY told DH that if she doesn't rinse her dishes she can wash them,if she doesn't put dirty clothes in laundry then she'll wear them dirty. Anything she's asking for I tell her she can ask her dad. I'm done!!!! Sorry for the rant, I feel much better.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource