SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

DS dad

wild_thing
14 years ago

Okay, so I have had no issues with my ds's dad up till now.

He lives in another state btw. Anyway, So he was laid off from his job a few months back. Things are tough all over, and the economy thing has hit everyone. We get that, we totally understand.

So when he doesn't pay his child support I was cool with that. Let him get back on his feet, blah blah blah.

He started a new business. I think it was going okay, because his wife had added myself and my ds to her facebook, and we got to read the updates from her. Last I read, she was surprised at how well the business was doing. I thought cool, then he will start paying his child support again. Low and behold, she disappears off facebook completely!

.It has been like five months now since he paid anything. It isn't even a large amount for goodness sake, he probably pays more for his cell phone bill....I kid you not!! But it has always been pocket money for our son.

So he wanted to come and get ds when school first got out last month. Ds told him that he wanted to look for a job and that he would let him know how that went first. (our son is 15 almost 16).

Job hunting was tough, no job yet. So he tried to get a hold of his dad so he could go for a visit for a week. His dad has not got back to him. At all.

WTF?!

I am a pissed off mom.

I have always been very open to his dad, and left their relationship to them. When he was little I of course was the go between, but since he has gotten older, and has a cell phone and the computer, I leave it to them.

Do you think I should call him? I don't know if son would want me to.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio