SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deb1972_gw

step children problems

Deb1972
10 years ago

hello I am new to this site, I just really feel like I need to get some response from other that maybe in a similar situation, my partner and I have been together for 3 years and lived together for about 18 months, I have 2 daughters 11 & 9 that live with us full time, and he has 4 children 15,13,11&6, my children have a fairly good relationship with him, they are respectful to him, as i have always brought them up to respect any adult, unfortunately, i don't get the same from his children, they are so rude and disrespectful, to me and are nasty to my children, particulary my youngest, and saying that they are also rude and disrespectful to thier father, this mainly all stems from my partners ex-wife, who is pretty much a nut case, she has honestly put this poor man through hell and back, and has tried to bankrupt him, she has tried her hardest to turn these children against thier father, particulary since he has been with me, she has only met me a few time, she has rubbished me and my children, to thier children so much that she has brain washed them, it is a very hard situation, as a result of her negetive influance, he hardly see his 3 youngest children, as they don't come to stay alternative w/ends like they're meant to, sad to say they only come when they know they're going to get something, the oldest boy has always come, and he actually lived with with us for 9 months, i tried so hard to get on and communicate with him, but i very rarly got anything back, he would just rather ignore me, so after a few months, i guess i gave up tryin to talk to him, he wouldn't speak to my children either, the only person in our house he talked to was his father, so after 9 months he decided to move back to his mothers, the trouble i had with him and still have, is he is a teenager that needs a lot of disapline, and does not get if from his mother, he does not like me saying the littest of things to him and ny partner he in a hard situation, and i honstly feel for him, as he seems scared to come down to hard on him, incase he pushes him away, as he feels he is his only link to his other children, but in the mean time is not geeting the disapline in really needs, my partner and i have never let any of our kids come between us and talk a lot, but the latest epsoide an argument betwwen his son and i, the boy was being a real smart ass to his father, and kept going even when his father told him stop, so i spoke up and had a go at him, it was after that, that my partner told me to let him deal with his son, he basically told me not to disapline his children, if i have a problem go to him and he will deal with it, but i am quite happy for him to disapline mine, his reasoning is yours live with us, mine don't, i was quite gutted by his comment.

Comments (3)