SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

something new and encouraging

mom_of_4
13 years ago

So, this past weekend was sd b-day. As usual I planned the entire thing and made sure that all those that needed to be invited was invited and etc etc...

I ended up feeling slightly overwhelmed (what with going to school full time homeschooling oldest ss ... dealing with four kids... ya know the routine...) So, I called bm and asked for her help. I gave her specific things to bring and asked her to come early to help decorate and what not... she agreed and the entire time asked is this how you want this done... where do you want to hang that.(all around nice and helpful)

It was all very pleasant and cooperative. BM ended up leaving early and her friend she invited stayed. Later in the day her friend sat down and approached me (somewhat wary) She said that she is having problems with her disabled son and dealing with his IEP. BM apparently told her that I was way better then her at dealing with things like this and that I knew how to make the system work and she sould talk to me. BM apparently told her I was the expert and she would benefit from talking to me.

Now this is a friend that BM has talked "smack" to in the past... and I am sure told her incredibly bad things at points when things were terrible bw her and DH. It was amazing to hear that BM recommended to a friend of hers that she talk to me about something... heck it was incredible to think that BM was saying anything positive about me.

I feel so relieved and happy... maybe we really are on the positive street we have seem to be on...

I kept thinking that her "all of a sudden I am there for my kids and cooperative and well ... nice" was just an act and was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

but now I feel like maybe... just maybe we have finally crossed the thresh hold and all just might be well.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Loudoun County, Virginia